New opportunity at FENS: communication internship
22 October 2020
22 October, 2020 in FENS News
The Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and multi-skilled intern with a keen interest in science communication to support the implementation of FENS’ communication strategy. The intern will gain hands-on experience alongside the Communications team by designing communication materials, creating content and developing campaigns targeting specific audiences.
- Assist with community management on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Contribute to the development of the social media strategy
- Draft content and provide technical support for the new FENS website;
- Reporting on statistics using online metrics tools (such as Google Analytics) for the FENS website, social media sites and email campaigns;
- Provide overall support to the communications team and assist in the daily operation of the FENS office.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in communication, marketing, PR or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in English (working language), good command of other European languages is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to different audiences using different media;
- Grasp of social media management and campaign development. First professional experience supporting social media strategy and content creation would be considered an asset;
- Experience with WordPress or other web maintenance programmes would be considered an advantage;
- Strong computer skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Capacity to work both in a team and autonomously;
- Interest in neuroscience would be an advantage.
Location and Salary
- Full-time position (38 hours per week), based in the FENS office in Brussels.
- FENS offers a 6-month Belgian Convention d’immersion professionnelle – CIP, which includes an internship allowance.
Application deadline: 15 November 2020
Start date: January 2021
In order to submit your application, please send us a single file including your cover letter describing your interest in the position and your CV, with an emphasis on any previous relevant experience in the area of communication, to the attention of Louise Aupetit. Please submit your application using the form available here.
Full internship description: FENS Communication internship