Applications open for the 2021-2025 FKNE Cohort
02 November 2020
02 November, 2020 in FENS News
The FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence (FKNE) consists of 30 Scholars; they serve two terms of 2 years (4 years in total). Every two years up to 15 new Scholars are selected, and 15 – end their mandate/rotate off, becoming FKNE Alumni.
- Early and mid-career stage neuroscientists with independent positions
- Neuroscientists with successful research lines – as evidenced by outstanding publications as main (first, last and/or corresponding) authors, and/or receipt of prestigious personal prizes, fellowships, or grants
- Neuroscientists who typically completed their PhD work 4-12 years ago (though there is no strict timing rule, and candidates who are over 12 years post-PhD will still be considered to allow for childcare considerations)
- Neuroscientists with strong leadership and communication skills who are motivated to actively participate in Network activities
- Diversity is a central value of the FENS-Kavli Network, this is a central focus in our recruitment process.
About the FENS-Kavli Scholars
The Network was established in 2014 through a collaboration by the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) and The Kavli Foundation.
The multidisciplinary, international Network of FENS-Kavli Scholars is self-organised and aims to improve Neuroscience in Europe and beyond through scientific exchange, providing opportunities for young scientists, and facilitating dialogue between scientists, policy-makers, and society.
Find out more on the FENS-Kavil Scholars website.