King s College London Neuroscience Society
Attendance type(s): Virtual
Event Dates: 24 Mar 2021
Women in Neuroscience Panel- 24th March 2021 4-6PM GMT
This ‘Women in Neuroscience Panel, in celebration of Womens History Month, is a collaboration between Kings College London Neuroscience Society and Kings College London Womxn in STEM Society, aiming to bring together some influential and inspiring women in neuroscience for an online panel discussion of their research and the challenges they have faced as women in STEM.
This event will not only address the challenges that pertain to women neuroscientists, but also aim to inspire confidence in female STEM students, early-career researchers and academics alike. We also wish to explore ways to increase the interest of young women in STEM, and how to address problems such as The Leaky Pipeline.
Most importantly, we aim to highlight to students (especially undergraduate BAME women) that is it possible to become a female neuroscientist with a fulfilling and successful career in academia and/or industry.
Join us on 24th of March 4-6PM GMT, for a lively open discussion into what it means to be a woman in Neuroscience- audience participation encouraged!
– Dr Carmen Sandi, President of FENS (2018-2020), Director of the Laboratory of Behavioural Genetics at the Brain Mind Institute, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
– Dr Kerstin Schmidt, Director of the Brain Institute and Head of the Laboratory of Vision, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte
– Dr Sandrine Thuret, Head of the Neurogenesis and Mental Health Laboratory, Kings College London
– Dr Bianca Jones Marlin, Head of the Marlin Laboratory, Columbia University, Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute
– Dr Carol Ann Mason, President of the Society for Neuroscience (2013-2014), Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neuroscience, and Ophthalmic Science, Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute, Chair of Interschool Planning, Columbia University
– Dr Asma Bashir, UK Dementia Research Institute (University of Edinburgh) Post- Doctoral Fellow (2020), Science Communicator and Podcast Host (Her Royal Science)
Sign up using this Google Form: https://forms.gle/bCui1WjSrKPC97LK8
Facebook event : https://fb.me/e/1hArYPBmq
Website : https://www.kclneurosoc.org/