Job ID: 99995
Position: Group Leader
Deadline: 15 February 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 March 2023
Contract Length: 18 months
Institution: University of Bordeaux
Neuroscience Postdoctoral researcher opportunity to study synaptic adaptation in the hippocampus in response to early life stress.
Location: University of Bordeaux, France
Neurodegeneratives Diseases Institute (IMN) https://www.imn-bordeaux.org/
The full-time position is available right now (February/Marsh 2023) and for 18 to 24 months depending on starting date.
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join our DNA team at IMN, UMR-CNRS-5293 in Bordeaux (https://www.imn-bordeaux.org/en/teams/dopamine-and-neuronals-assemblies/). The lab studies the functions of dopamine in the “extended basal ganglia network” (EBG). EBG is a neural circuit controlling movement and emotional states (voluntary movement, associative learning, explorative behavior using processing of relevant sensory information, stress), but is also involved in neurological and psychiatric disorders (Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, anxiety). The main objective of this position is to establish the link between early life stress and electrophysiological adaptations in hippocampal formation. This project could be an opportunity to combine different approaches used routinely in the team (i.e.: Circuit dissection using conventional tracers and transsynaptic viruses, electrophysiology in vivo (in anesthetized or head-restrained mice), Fiberphotometry in behaving animals) and anxiety-related behavioral paradigm.
Candidates with a demonstrated background and interests in electrophysiology and circuit neuroscience are preferred for this position.
Preferred Qualifications :
- University degrees in Neuroscience
- Experience in hippocampal recording
- Experience in mice behavior and stereotaxic approaches
- Regulatory training in animal experimentation (surgery)
- Strong quantitative and programming skills, and knowledge of one or more relevant programming languages (e.g. Matlab; Python; R)
- Experience in writing and publishing peer-reviewed scientific papers or preprints
- Ability to work independently
Applications should include:
- A cover letter describing your past research experiments, your research interest, career goals, and motivation to join our team
- A CV with the publication list and contact information of two references
- Two references
Please submit your application to François Georges ( firstname.lastname@example.org )