Job ID: 99933
Postdoctoral Researcher at the Dioscuri Centre of Chromatin Biology and Epigenomic
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 January 2023
Institution: Instytut Biologii Doświadczalnej im. M. Nenckiego PAN
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Dioscuri Centre of Chromatin Biology and Epigenomic
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Dioscuri Centre of Chromatin Biology and Epigenomic
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: NCN grant
Postdoctoral candidates should hold a PhD degree in neurosciences or molecular biology /genetics. We require excellent work organization skills, a creative approach to research problems, team collaboration skills and motivation. Experience in laboratory work is necessary.
We offer a vibrant, highly collaborative, and stimulating environment for scientific growth.
Find out more about our laboratory, projects, and members at our website.
We use stem cell models, high throughput technologies (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-C), CRISPRCas9 mediated genome editing, and computational tools, to decipher the regulatory networks orchestrating astrocyte functions and evolution. Our lab operates within the framework of the Dioscuri is a program, which was initiated by the Max Planck Society, and is managed jointly with the National Science Centre (Poland) and mutually funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. We currently funded by 3 National Science Centre grants and by the EMBO Installation Grant. We are part of a newly funded Maria Skłodowska Curie Doctoral Network chrom_rare.
The project. Interlaminar astrocytes (ILAs) are a primate-specific morphotype of astrocytes present in the upper layers of the brain cortex. The functions of ILAs are unknown but the fact that ILAs disappear altogether in high grade Alzheimer’s disease patients, points to their relevance in normal brain functions. Dioscuri Centre for Chromatin Biology and Epigenomics, in collaboration with prof. Alexei Verkhratsky from the University of Manchester and dr. Amaia Arranz from the Achucarro Centre for Neuroscience in Bilbao, aims to determine the functions and the molecular markup of ILAs in primates using a combination of molecular biology techniques (e.g.: single nucleus RNA-seq), genome engineering approaches (CRISPR-Cas9), mouse chimera models and a neurophysiology toolkit.
Application procedure and deadline:
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note: “Postdoc Dioscuri AP EMBO”
- Recent CV, including publication list,
- Copy of the Ph.D. diploma,
- Cover letter briefly describing previous research, scientific interests, future goals and why the candidate thinks s/he would be a fit in the lab,
- Copy of the candidate’s best paper with a brief description (5-7 sentences) of the candidate’s contribution to this work and why the candidate chose this article,
- Names and contact information for three references.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Link to website: https://pekowskalab.nencki.edu.pl/
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).