Job ID: 99823
Account Executive, Contract Research
Position: Commercial Position
Deadline: 31 January 2023
Employment Start Date: 15 February 2023
Contract Length: permanent, full-time
City: Helsinki, Finland
Institution: Neurotar Oy Ltd
Department: Contract research (2-photon imaging)
Neurotar is the leading provider of in vivo two-photon imaging as contract research to pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Our highly qualified and experienced research team and state-of-the-art imaging infrastructure ensure access to the best commercially available microscopic imaging solutions for CNS drug developers. We image the brain of anesthetized and awake behaving mice longitudinally and with micrometer resolution, which enhances the relevance and statistical significance of our clients’ data.
The account executive manages client relationships by developing knowledge of the clients’ drug development needs and objectives, selecting appropriate solutions from the range of Neurotar’s contract research services, and monitoring the projects’ timely and efficient execution.
This position offers a fantastic entry into the industry for a post-doctoral researcher who wishes to stay intellectually engaged with cutting-edge neuroscience, can handle a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and is open to learning new sales and marketing skills.
Specific job functions:
• Develop and maintain lasting relationships with assigned accounts ensuring their satisfaction and continuous business with Neurotar;
• Identify new business opportunities and provide consultations to clients concerning new service project design, content, budget, licensing requirements, and delivery timelines;
• Draft and negotiate research plans, budgets, and services agreements;
• Track client projects through all stages of implementation until successful completion and reporting; compile and deliver reports and presentations;
• Plan and implement marketing campaigns, update contract research web pages and Neurotar company profiles in various databases;
• Identify opportunities for service portfolio expansion and work with the service team on their implementation;
• Stay informed about the industry and science trends, especially as they pertain to CNS drug development and utilization of imaging technologies;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports on sales statistics and forecasts.
• Ph.D., Neuroscience or related field
• 2-photon imaging experience (experience with other preclinical imaging modalities and electrophysiological techniques is beneficial)
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English (both oral and written)
• Proven track record of successful project management and reporting (as evidenced e.g. by successful grant applications, grant reports, and peer-reviewed publications)
• Readiness to learn and actively engage in sales and marketing activities
• Self-discipline, high level of autonomy & flexibility, optimism, resilience, and drive.
• Competitive compensation (base salary, uncapped sales commission, bonuses based on team’s performance, medical insurance, 24-30 days of paid vacation per year) and all retirement, social, and unemployment benefits required by Finnish law;
• Egalitarian, non-hierarchical work culture;
• Dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment (majority of your colleagues and customers will be PhD-level scientists);
• Multiple growth opportunities;
• Finland is one of the least corrupt, safest, and – this may surprise you – happiest countries on Earth!
This full-time permanent position is based in Helsinki, Finland, and will require occasional travel to Europe, North America, and Asia (15%-20% of work time).
Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com. We will fill the position as soon as we find a suitable candidate – please do not delay contacting us.