Job ID: 99132
Post Doc position in neuroscience
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 15 January 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 February 2023
Contract Length: 3 Years with possible extension
Institution: Universityhospital Augsburg
Department: Clinic for Anesthesiology and intensive care
A Post-Doc (m/f/d) is available at the department of anesthesiology and intensive care in the workgroup of Prof. V. Eulenburg for initially 3 years.
Our group is interested in the function of glycinergic neurotransmission processes in important anesthesiology like pain perception and respiration. We are tackling these questions by a multidisciplinary approach including biochemical, histological and mouse genetical techniques. In the future we plan to extend our studies also to electrophysiologcal approaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Building of a state of the art setup for electrophysiological recordings in brain slices
- Contributing to the conceptual development of the workgroup
- Academic teaching
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Exciting and dynamic field of work with a young and developing team
- Close collaborations with other groups working in biomedical science
- Possibilities for academic qualification
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic scientist with a degree in natural science or medicine. You should have finished our Ph.D. (or equivalent) and should ideally have gathered some additional experience in the course of a Post-Doc in the field of neuroscience involving electrophysiology.