Job ID: 98991
Open Position for Optical Engineer in Neurophotonics in Bordeaux
Deadline: 1 March 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 February 2023
Contract Length: 2 years
Institution: University of Bordeaux / CNRS
Department: Interdisciplinary Institute for Neuroscience
The Nägerl team at the University of Bordeaux (https://www.iins.u-bordeaux.fr/NAGERL) has an open position for an optical engineer to build, improve and use our super-resolution STED fluorescence microscopes.
The objective is to provide technical support for our team effort to visualize at the nanoscale the neuroanatomy and extracellular space of the mouse brain in vivo.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience in optics and a high affinity for technology and microscopy.
The job is part of a ERC-Synergy project with a long-term perspective and a dynamic workplace environment in a major European research center for neuroscience and photonics (https://www.bordeaux-neurocampus.fr/en/, https://light-st.u-bordeaux.fr).
- Dembitskaya et al. Shadow imaging for panoptical visualization of living brain tissue. bioRxiv (2022) (https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.11.03.511028)
- Bancelin et al. Aberration correction in STED microscopy to increase imaging depth in living brain tissue. Neurophotonics (2021)(https://doi.org/10.1117/1.NPh.8.3.035001)
- Angibaud et al. A simple tissue clearing method for increasing the depth penetration of STED microscopy of fixed brain slices. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics (2020) (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6463/ab6f1b)
- Inavalli et al. A super-resolution platform for correlative live single-molecule imaging and STED Nature Methods (2019) (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41592-019-0611-8)
- Tønnesen et al. Super-resolution imaging of the extracellular space in living brain t Cell (2018) (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.02.007)
- Pfeiffer et al. Chronic 2P-STED imaging reveals high turnover of dendritic spines in the hippocampus in vivo.eLife (2018) (https://doi.org/10.7554/eLife.34700.001).