Job ID: 98699
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) – Institute of Physiology
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 December 2022
Institution: Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg
The Institute of Physiology of the Faculty of Medicine at Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d) with a keen interest in molecular neurophysiology who would like to explore the mechanistic function of neurotrophins and neuropeptides in synaptic plasticity of the central nervous system. Our laboratory combines modern electrophysiological techniques, high-resolution fluorescence microscopy and behavioural physiology experiments to address different aspects of neuronal BDNF release on cellular and systemic levels (Cepeda-Prado et al., Cereb. Cortex 2022; Shaban et al, Elife 2019; Groessl et al, Nature Neuroscience, 2018). As a research-oriented medical faculty with a neuroscience focus, our research campus offers interested candidates a scientifically stimulating environment and a multidisciplinary workspace with the opportunity to participate in state-of-the-art research projects.
- To design and perform research on intracellular transport processes and maturation of dense core vesicles underlying the regulated secretion of neuropeptides and neurotrophins in the mammalian CNS. In combined electrophysiological and live-cell imaging experiments, you will investigate the effects of neurotrophins and neuropeptides on synaptic plasticity (LTP, STDP) in hippocampal brain slices (acute or cultured).
- To independently process and analyse your generated data. Your research progress will be coached and supported by our PI team at the Institute of Physiology. We expect that the results will be published in internationally visible research journal.
- Participation in collaborative projects with other working groups within the Institute and on the campus is desirable.
- Teaching in practical courses and seminars in physiology for students of human medicine is requested.
Requirements for the position
- PhD in Biology/ Biochemistry/ Neuroscience.
- Practical knowledge of modern fluorescence microscopic methods (e.g. confocal and 2-photon imaging) in brain slice preparations is required.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the field of neuro- and cell physiology, especially with regard to synaptic plasticity (LTP, STDP) is expected.
- Knowledge of electrophysiological measurement techniques is advantageous for the project.
- Self-motivated and independent working attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken.
In addition to a productive research environment, we offer you the opportunity to deepen your experience in teaching to qualify for an academic career. We especially support candidates who want to further their academic qualification and aim for a “habilitation” to enter the academic carrier path.
Compensation: The salary group E13 according to “Tarifvertrag für den Öffentlichen Dienst” awaits you.
Occupation: The position is to be filled as soon as possible, full-time (100%) and for a limited period of 2 years. An extension is desired.
For further information about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Volkmar Leßmann (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Please send your complete application (one coherent PDF file only) via the online application portal until 31.12.2022 (date of receipt).
By E-Mail: email@example.com – Object: 515-2022
By Post: Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
Prof. Volkmar Leßmann
Stellenausschreibung Nr. 515-2022
Leipziger Str. 44, 39120 Magdeburg
The Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It therefore encourages women with according qualifications to apply. Applications from persons with a certified serious disability will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification.