Job ID: 98331
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 December 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 February 2023
Contract Length: 3 years
City: San Juan de Alicante
Institution: Instituto de Neurociencias, UMH-CSIC
Department: Molecular Neurobiology and Neuropathology
Transcriptomic and epigenomic profiling in the adult brain – bioinformatics analysis
Our research focuses on the transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of neuronal plasticity processes, including learning and memory, and its involvement in the etiopathology of intellectual disability disorders. The project will focus on the mapping, assembly, and analysis of large scale short-read data (RNA-seq, Bisulfite sequencing, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, Hi-C and related methodologies).
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience and a track record in epigenomics and transcriptomics, good communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work with different members of our team and collaboration network.
- Outstanding researcher with a Msc degree in Bioinformatics, Functional Genomics or similar and knowledge of computer programming languages.
- Strong skills in R programming and solid knowledge of statistical methods for NGS data analysis and visualization.
- Previous experience in NGS data analysis, functional genomics and systems biology resulting in publications.
- Previous experience and interest in neuroscience would be also positively valued.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary (negotiable depending on qualifications) for 3 years starting as soon as January 1st, 2023
Applicants must provide:
- Expression of interest
- Description of research accomplishments and technical expertise
- Full CV, including detailed information about the academic qualifications
- 2-3 references
Barco’s lab: https://in.umh-csic.es/group3893
Information should be sent to:
Dr. Angel Barco (firstname.lastname@example.org)