Job ID: 98285
PhD position in molecular and cellular neuroscience
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 4 December 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 January 2023
Institution: University of Cologne
The laboratory of Natalia Kononenko (http://kononenko.cecad-labs.uni-koeln.de) is seeking applications for a PhD student (w/m/d) to be employed under a limited-time contract of 3 years (TV-L13, 65%). PhD student will be associated with the University Hospital of Cologne (Department of Physiology & Pathophysiology) and CECAD cluster of excellence. Our laboratory has long-standing expertise in synaptic physiology and pathology with a strong focus on the role of membrane trafficking and autophagy in brain neurodegeneration.
Your responsibilities will include: The successful candidate will join a dynamic research lab and will participate in the analysis of cellular and molecular mechanisms by which autophagy and endocytosis contribute to brain function using mouse genetics and OMICS approaches. In this particular project, we are seeking to understand the underlying molecular mechanisms by which autophagy controls synaptic function (Bera et al., 2020 EMBO Rep, Negrete-Hurtado et al., 2020 Nat Commun, Overhoff et al., 2022, EMBO J).
- Absolute requirement: A Masters’s degree in molecular and cellular neuroscience or cell biology.
- The successful candidate is fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience with mouse work.
- We are particularly keen to recruit a skilled molecular neuroscientist with experience in molecular biology, genetic mouse models, primary neuronal culture techniques, and live imaging.
- We expect an open-minded and very enterprising personality, capable of working in a collaborative research group! Ideal candidates should have a good scientific appetite and a willingness to succeed!
- The position is available from 01.01.2023 and is limited to 3 years.
- If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence, and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address telephone inquiries to Prof. Natalia L. Kononenko at +49 221 478-84302.
Further information is available on the internet at http://kononenko.cecad-labs.uni-koeln.de/Home.736.0.html
Have we awakened your interest?
Please submit your application as a single pdf including 1) a cover letter stating your research interests; 2) a short concise (ca 300 words) of a recently published research article in the field of neuronal autophagy, which you have found particularly interesting (explaining why); 3) your CV, including contact details of 2 persons for references here online www.uk-koeln.de/karriere/stellenangebote (Job ID: 00003530).