Job ID: 97776
PhD student position in multimodal imaging of neurodegenerative diseases and treatments
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 15 December 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 January 2023
Contract Length: 3-4 years
Institution: University of Zurich
Department: Institute for Regenerative Medicine
The Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Zurich seeks for a highly motivated PhD student to develop new imaging methods for noninvasive monitoring of treatments in neurodegenerative diseases.
Our team is devoted to developing imaging-based biomarkers with translational value for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, tauopathy and Parkinson’s disease as well as development of new treatment strategies. This multinational project is supported by the EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) and includes partners from the Queensland Brain Institute in Australia and University of Mainz in Germany. The project is done in collaboration with the Preclinical Imaging Center of the UZH/ETHZ that is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure for in vivo imaging in rodents, including advanced multi-spectral optoacoustic tomography and high-field magnetic resonance scanners, fluorescence microscopy, functional ultrasound and more. The preclinical part of the project will mainly focus on studies in mouse models, with clinical translation of the methodology expected at a later stage.
- Noninvasive multimodal monitoring of treatment in disease model using optoacoustic and multimodal imaging methods, microscopy and biochemical analysis.
- ZNZ neuroscience PhD programme https://www.neuroscience.uzh.ch/en/education.html
- Data processing and analysis
- Coordination with other partners in the project
- Master in Neuroscience/Biomedical Engineering
- Prior expertise in imaging methods (experience with in vivo MRI, PET, optical imaging) is a plus
- Excellent neuroscience and biological education
- LTK 1 or FELASA B is a plus
- Programming skills (particularly in MATLAB) is a plus
- Strong interest in neuroscience
- Excellent command of English
- Self-motivation, goal-oriented, team-working and positive attitude
- 3-4 years PhD position, excellent ZNZ neuroscience programme
- Working in a world top research institution with international, multi-disciplinary, highly innovative colleagues, and state-of-the-art environment.
- Excellent training, career development and exchange opportunities in the framework of multinational JPND-funded project
We value diversity
In line with our values, University of Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. We particularly encourage applications from female and underrepresented minorities.
We look forward to receiving your application including:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae (including previous research experience, and experimental skills)
- Two Reference letters
Questions and application regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Ruiqing Ni (email: email@example.com).