Job ID: 96010
Post Doc in Behavioral Neuroscience
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 15 October 2022
Contract Length: 12 month renewable
Institution: Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Department: Brain Development and Disease
Project: Assessment of the efficacy of new compounds on murine model of autism spectrum disorders.
Commitment & contract: Collaborator, 12 months, renewable.
Location: CCT@Morego Genova
WHO WE ARE
At IIT, we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group with expertise in neurophysiology, cellular/molecular neurobiology, neurotechnologies and behavioral neuroscience, medicinal chemistry and drug discovery and with state-of-the-art facilities in microscopy, electronics, molecular/cell biology, mouse genetics and computational drug discovery.
The “Brain Development and Disease” Research Line is coordinated by Dr. Laura Cancedda, who has extensive experience in the study of neurodevelopment and therapeutic approaches for the treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders.
The research will be carried out in the framework of a commercial agreement with a company specialized in drug discovery for neurodevelopmental disorders. Our goal is to develop new small molecules for the treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders (Deidda et al., Nature Medicine, 2015; Savardi et al., Chem 2020; Borgogno et al., J.Med.Chem 2021; Savardi et al., TIPS 2021). The candidate will contribute to the development and testing of new molecular entities for the treatment of autism spectrum disorders.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform behavioral studies in murine models of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Perform biochemical and cell biology assays to study the mechanisms underlying behavioral abnormalities.
This open position will be financed by IAMA therapeutics within the framework of a sponsored research agreement with the Brain Development and Disease Research Line at IIT.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
- A PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience or cell biology neuroscience, and/or similar disciplines
- Strong experience in behavioral testing for neuroscience
- Some basic experience with biochemical and molecular biology techniques
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience in neurodevelopmental disorders and pharmacological treatments in vivo
- Knowledge of statistical tools for behavioral analysis
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
- Candidates from abroad or Italian citizens who permanently work abroad and meet specific requirements, may be entitled to a deduction from taxable income of up to 90% from 6 to 13 years.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 3 referees.
Application’s deadline: October 15, 2022.