Job ID: 96008
A 13-mont young researcher position at the University of Poitiers
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 15 December 2022
Employment Start Date: 2 January 2023
Contract Length: 13 months
Institution: INSERM-UNIVERSITY of POITIERS
A 13-mont young researcher position is available in the « Neurobiology and Neuropharmacology of Psychiatric Disorders » team, INSERM-University of Poitiers to work on the reinforcing effects of novel psychostimulants.
The EU-funded NextGeNPS project (https://nextgenps.es/) includes 5 international laboratories and aims at identifying and characterizing new synthetic psychostimulants (NPS) and hallucinogens with high abuse liability and/or psychedelic effects.
We will use drug self-administration approaches to test the abuse liability of several NPS that will be selected and characterized chemically and neurobiologically by our partners.
The position may be particularly suitable for motivated candidates with experience in rodent behavior and namely, intravenous self-administration.
Activities: The researcher will be in charge the experiments. He/she will participate in the planning and performance of the experiments, in the analysis and interpretation of all the results, as well as in their valorization (presentations, manuscripts, etc).
Requirements: The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, highly self-motivated and holds a degree in Neurosciences or related fields. A good level of spoken and written English is required.
- Design of experimental protocols within the framework of a scientific project (Implementation of behavioral protocols in rats)
- Knowledge of the neuroanatomy and neurobiology of addiction
- General knowledge of methodological approaches applied to addiction
- Mastery of computerized data collection and statistical processing tools.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in the field
- Knowledge of ethical principles and related regulations
- Mastering presentation techniques (oral and written) and meeting facilitation.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Ideal starting date is January 2023. For more information please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Marcello Solinas (email@example.com)