Job ID: 86348
Biological experimentation researcher M/F, post doc for 7 months
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 26 September 2022
Employment Start Date: 17 October 2022
Contract Length: 7 months
Institution: Institute of Biology Paris Seine
Department: Neurosciences Paris Seine
In the framework of a short collaboration with a start-up studio, the team is recruiting a post-doc researcher who will take in charge, under the supervision of the SNRG team leaders (https://www.ibps.sorbonne-universite.fr/fr/Recherche/umr-8246/signalisation-neuronale-et-regulations-geniques), series of experiments aimed at determining the antidepressant properties of new molecules in preclinical models of depression in mice. She/he will have in charge all the behavioral experiments, their quantitative measurements and their interpretation. He/she will perform immunohistochemical and FISH (fluorescent In Situ Hybridization) experiments on post-mortem brain sections, as well as Q-RT-PCR assays on blood extracts to study biomarkers of depression and their regulation by antidepressant treatments.
The areas of expertise within the team cover many fields: from cellular and molecular studies to studies of complex motor and cognitive behavior in mice. Our skills also include expertise in histology and cellular imaging on post-mortem brain sections in humans.
The selected candidate will have
– Solid theoretical and practical knowledge of animal behavior (level 1 animal experimentation certificate)
– Theoretical and practical knowledge of immunohistochemistry and imaging on post-mortem brain sections
– Practical knowledge of image acquisition techniques using confocal microscopy
– Practical knowledge of software dedicated to imaging fields (Metamorph, ImageJ FlowJo…)
– Interpersonal skills: listening skills and adaptability to interact with team members and the scientific consortium.
– Theoretical and practical knowledge in biology
– Theoretical and practical knowledge in statistics
Although the CDD period is short (7 months) a possible extension may be considered depending on the results obtained
constraints include: Some weekends for behavioral studies.