Job ID: 85397
Post-doctoral Researcher in Biophysically Detailed Neuron Modeling and Experimentation W/M
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 December 2022
Department: Blue Brain Project
Within the Cells section of the Blue Brain Project we are looking for a Post-doctoral Researcher in Biophysical Neuron Modeling and Experimentation W/M.
The primary objectives for this position are to strengthen on-going large-scale biophysical neuron modeling and validation efforts in the project, and to undertake original scientific research to characterize the role of intrinsic cellular and dendritic integration mechanisms during computation. For this position we are looking for a person with deep knowledge of electrophysiological neuron experiments. There is a possibility to perform wet-lab experiments, but this is not a necessity.
Scientific leadership is expected to supervise computational neuroscience students, as is an intimate knowledge of the employed software in order to interface with engineering teams. The position is in close contact with an electrophysiology lab and modeling will go hand in hand with available and newly acquired experimental data.
Your profile :
- PhD or equivalent experience in Neuroscience, Computational Neuroscience, Physics or related field
- Expert in electrophysiological neuron experimentation
- Experience in using scientific computing software (python, scipy, numpy, Linux, etc.)
- Strong team player and fluent English in speech and writing
Are nice to have:
- Experience in multi-compartment conductance-based modeling
- Experience in using the NEURON simulator
- Experience in automated neuron model optimization techniques
- Experience in parameter optimization techniques
- Experience in other programming languages, parallel computing and software development (unit testing, continuous integration, version control, debugging and documentation)
- Experience in supervision of students and teaching
We offer :
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
as soon as possible
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.