Job ID: 85119
Open position for gene therapy studies in neurodevelopmental disorders at Neuroscience Institute, CNR, Pisa (Italy)
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Employment Start Date: 15 November 2022
Contract Length: 1 year renewable
Institution: Neuroscience Institute, CNR
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated postdoc to carry out a multidisciplinary research project integrating Neuroscience, Molecular Biology and Cellular Biology.
The project, titled Creatine Deficiency Syndrome: novel insight into brain function and therapeutic strategies, has been funded by Telethon Foundation. We aim to provide novel therapeutic tools for Creatine Transporter Deficiency (CTD), an X-linked metabolic disorder presenting with intellectual disability, autism and epilepsy. Specifically, we will evaluate a gene therapy approach aimed to amend cellular dysfunction by exogenous provision of a functional copy of CrT gene in a well-established mouse model of CTD. After a first step of in vitro validation, gene therapy will be investigated in vivo.
We search a junior postdoc with experience in at least some of the following activities/ topics:
– Culture of neuronal cell lines and primary murine neurons and cellular assays (e.g., study of cell morphology, viability, migration, functional assays, protein quantification); cell biology and biochemistry techniques.
– Cloning, plasmid handling, RT-PCR, Western Blot, gas chromatography and mass spectrometry, RNAseq.
– Handling of mice, in vivo surgical procedures, behavioral testing, physiological measures, imaging.
– PCR and genotyping analysis.
-Experience in preparation, processing and analysis of tissues and cells (histology, immunocyto/histochemistry).
– Confocal microscopy.
Positive attitude, independence, organizational and planning skills, abilities in networking, team building skills, fast learning, as well as passion and commitment are requested.
- Master degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Biotechnology, Medicine, Psychology or similar topics;
- PhD in Biotechnology, Biology, Neuroscience, or similar topics OR at least 3 years of experience in research (in the above sectors).
Position= 1 year, renewable. The period of employment is 1 year but can be extended up to 2 years, depending on the achieved results/performance.
The expected starting date of this position is November 2022.
The project will be conducted at the Neuroscience Institute of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), in Pisa (Italy) http://www.in.cnr.it/index.php/it/
Contacts: Please contact us for further information or details: