Job ID: 84928
Research Assistant in Biotechnology/Neuroscience
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 September 2022
Contract Length: up to 3 years
Institution: University of Zurich
Department: Pharmacology and Toxicology
Our lab is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and collaborative research assistant to lead exciting projects related to the development of state of the art genetically encoded fluorescent sensors for neurotransmitters and neuromodulators, to be used in animals.
- Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Neuroscience or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture and fluorescence microscopy (*prior experience with biosensor development, or in vivo research in mice will be considered a plus)
- Good organizational skills, attention to details, reliability, and ability to work in an diverse team.
- Excellent scientific writing skills (in English)
- Must be in favor of animal research
The percentage of employment is negotiable based on prior skills/experience and will range between 60% and 100% FTE. The starting research assistant position is for 1 year with the possibility to extend to up to 3 years.
Earliest possible start date is September 1st, 2022. The salary will reflect the candidate’s qualifications, education and work experience.
The Patriarchi Lab (https://www.patriarchilab.com/) is a young and dynamic lab. We pride ourselves to be very diverse, international, and inclusive. The University of Zurich provides an excellent working environment, with employee benefits including social security contributions (retirement, workplace accident insurance), and Switzerland is among the top-rated countries based on quality of life.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until the position will be filled.
Please send your curriculum vitae, your transcripts of academic record, and the contact details of at least 2 scientific referees. Send everything via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applications we typically receive, we will only contact you in case you have been selected for scheduling an interview.