Job ID: 84917
Field Application Specialist
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Country: United States
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. With high-performance scientific digital cameras, spectroscopy and microscopy systems from Andor Technology, our customers in industry and academia can explore everything from photons to galaxies as they develop new treatments for diseases, and search for Earth-like exoplanets orbiting distant stars.
Oxford Instruments plc is a leading provider of high technology products and services to the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities. Our core purpose is to support our customers to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges, enabling a greener economy, increased connectivity, improved health and leaps in scientific understanding. We are proud to be recognised as the leaders in what we do and for the difference we make in the world. This is an exciting time to join our growing team!
Andor Technology is the global leader in the pioneering and manufacturing of high performance light measuring solutions, bringing together the latest developments in sensors, electronics, optics and software. Our ground-breaking low light imaging cameras, spectroscopy solutions and microscopy systems are being used to develop cures for cancer, explore deeper into space and examine clean energy sources. We are among the world’s most innovative companies in the Photonics industry, measuring light down to a single photon and capturing events occurring within 1 billionth of a second. With over 70 unique product solutions, 10,000 customers in 55 countries and 15 offices worldwide including China, Japan and the USA, Andor is devoted to supporting the greatest scientific advancements of our age.
The Opportunity: We are looking to hire a skilled Field Applications Specialist to join the Andor Team. A key role in the territory, the Field Applications Specialist for Microscopy Systems will support the Regional Sales Engineers in achieving the territory sales target, through providing advanced Pre and Post Sales imaging and microscopy application support to facilitate sales. The specialist will help develop markets, build sales pipelines, demonstrate products and advanced imaging applications to the customers to facilitate and close sales, and optimize the customer experience and develop loyalty to the Andor brand.
Key tasks and duties
- Develop and execute Sales strategies and goals with the sales engineers for products in your region to achieve the territories sales targets
- Support current business and generate new business through providing advanced application and sales support
- Develop key opinion leader contacts and relationships to support market development and sales within the region
- Coordinate and demonstrate instruments in customer laboratories and provide applications support to potential customers to build pipeline and advance opportunities through the sales pipeline to closure
- Provide additional customer training and application support to maximise customer experience, satisfaction, and to build brand loyalty
- Assess Customer Special Request requirements, recommend the most appropriate solution, & evaluate products and service offerings in terms of manufacturing and the customers technical needs
- Conduct workshops, seminars, or focus groups in line with agreed plans
- Support Third Party Resellers and Channel Partners through on site, web, phone, and customer facing training
The right candidate (YOU) will be experienced and highly competent in using fluorescence microscopy and/or confocal microscopy for biological research or successful experience in technical sales involving high-end microscopy imaging products. You are skilled at building relationships with customers, applying relevant knowledge of current customers to grow the business, and take ownership of customer problems and issues, working to resolve them and see them through to resolution. You are flexible, do “the right thing” and spends time understanding and meeting customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent experience in a life science discipline required. Postgraduate degree in a life science discipline highly desirable.
- Has a positive attitude that fosters a pro-active ethos in the rest of the team and department. Is ambitious for the business and the future of Andor Technology
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate technical information in concise and understandable manner.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and written. Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in making technical presentations.
- Team-oriented, methodical with attention to detail.
- Prior experience selling or experience with confocal and/or EMCCD microscopy systems preferred.
- Ability to travel as required to meet the needs of the role which is expected to be at or above 50% of the time, with a majority of that time being overnight travel. Some International travel will be required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Able to work outside core hours when required.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Industry knowledge: acquire and maintain knowledge of full Andor product range and know where they fit in the market.
Oxford Instruments Perks and benefits:
- Generous benefit packages – We offer our employees competitive health insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and posttax dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do their best work when they can take the time they need to rest and recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of PTO which is accrued each pay period.
- Holidays – We recognize 11 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development – OI supports you and your professional development with $5,250 available in annual tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Oxford Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation as required by law.
Oxford Instruments Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments does not accept agency CV’s. Please do not forward details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or any other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.