Job ID: 67678
Postdoctoral Positions in Chemosensation and Animal Behavior
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 26 January 2023
Country: United States
Institution: University of California Riverside
POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS IN CHEMOSENSATION AND ANIMAL BEHAVIOR
*** IMPORTANT: DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THIS SITE. PLEASE READ THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ***
Haga-Yamanaka Lab (https://www.hagayamanakalab.com) in the Department of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology at University of California, Riverside is recruiting a postdoc. Our current research is focused on chemical sensation involved in mouse behaviors. We employ multi-disciplinary approaches, including biochemistry, molecular biology, histology, mouse genetics, as well as in vivo physiological, electrophysiological, and behavioral studies to understand molecular, cellular, and neural circuit basis of chemical sensation controlling wide varieties of behaviors in mammals.
• Ph.D. degree or equivalent in neuroscience or related disciplines is needed.
• Proficiency in cellular and molecular biology is required.
• Solid experience in in vivo electrophysiology, or in vivo calcium imaging is preferred.
• Previous experience in mouse behavior study is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and learn new techniques is needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Less than 3 years of postdoctoral training is preferred.
• Analytical skills with Prism, FIJI or R are a plus.
What we offer:
• Excellent opportunities to advance your academic career
• Excellent training in technical and analytical skills
• Vibrant and dynamic research environment
• Collaborations with endocrinology, developmental biology, and neuroscience labs in Southern California and beyond
• Above NIH-pay-scale postdoc salary
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a single PDF including a cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.