Job ID: 103609
Postdoctoral position in Neuro-epigenetics
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 March 2023
Employment Start Date: 16 March 2023
Contract Length: 2 Jahre
Institution: Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Department: Institut für Biochemie und Biophysik
Friedrich Schiller University is a traditional university with a strong research profile rooted in the heart of Germany. As a university covering all disciplines, it offers a wide range of subjects. Its research is focused on the areas Light—Life—Liberty. It is closely networked with non-research institutions, research companies and renowned cultural institutions. With around 18,000 students and more than 8,600 employees, the university plays a major role in shaping Jena’s character as a cosmopolitan and future-oriented city.
The Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics seeks to fill the position of a
Postdoctoral position in Neuro-epigenetics
commencing from March 16 2023 or later.
We offer a (a) full-time position (40 hours per week) initially limited for 2 years to see whether we match well together. The position can be extended until maximum 2027.
Our newly funded research group on Epigenetics and Psychology of Aging (sponsored by the Carl-Zeiss-Foundation) is looking forward to hire a motivated Postdoc with a passion for science. The project explores how aging affects the resilience to chronic stress on a multiscale level including epigenetics, neuro-anatomy, molecular biology and behaviour. You will benefit from a large methodological toolbox and an extensive international network of the PI.
- Conduct research on mouse model including behavioural testing, stereotactic surgeries and tissue collection
- Perform a variety of well-planned biological experiments including ChIP, in vivo CRISPR epigenome editing, chemogenetics, viral mediated gene transfer
- Support faculty teaching at practical courses in German and English
- Work on an own exciting project, write internationally competitive research papers
- Present your findings at international research conferences
- You are ambitious, reliable, efficient and excited about science
- You have a friendly, open minded team spirit
- Doctoral degree with focus on natural sciences, engineering or medicine
- A FELASA-B course certificate and strong experience with work on mice is essential
- Excellent English and German language skills in speaking and writing (German sufficient for teaching in practical course)
- Good oral presentation skills (incl. Power Point), data analysis (incl. Excel, GraphPrism)
- Experience with molecular biology methods, for instance for DNA-/RNA-/protein analyses, protein-protein interaction, pathway analysis etc.
- An exciting and varied field of employment with innovative research topics and a large variety of techniques and skills.
- A comprehensive continuing education programme including a graduate academy for doctoral candidates and postdocs.
- A PI with a large international research network, who will support you in your career development.
- Participation in international conferences.
- University health promotion and a wide range of university sports activities.
- Remuneration based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) at salary scale E13, including a special annual payment in accordance with the collective agreement.
The advertised position is initially limited to 2 years but will be extended if the candidate matches well with the team. The position is funded by the University and hence falls under the Wissenschaftszeitgesetz.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) of the working hours of a full-time employee.
Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability.
Are you eager to work for us? Then submit your detailed written application, preferably by email (one PDF file), stating the vacancy ID 001/2023 as soon as a suitable candidate has been found to:
Dr. Olivia Engmann
Since all application documents will be duly destroyed after the recruitment process, we ask you to submit only copies of your documents.
For further information for applicants and the information on the collection of personal data, please refer to https://www.uni-jena.de/stellenmarkt?info=1 …