Job ID: 103210
Laboratory Technician Position
Deadline: 20 March 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 May 2023
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: Internationl Neuroscience Institute (INI) GmbH
Description: The Department of Neurosurgery at International Neuroscience Institute Hannover is looking to hire a MTA-Lab technician (50% position, TV-L E9) from 01.05.2023.
Your primary tasks:
- In vitro cell culture (preparation of primary neuron and endothelial cell cultures from human brain and spinal cord)
- Collection and processing of human blood samples (isolation of plasma, serum)
- Collection of routine tumor samples, documention, and record in the biobank repository
- Total RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, histology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization
- General laboratory organization (preparation and aliquoting of solutions and media, ordering of reagents, chemicals and laboratory materials, supervision and maintainence of equipment)
- Supporting project leader and PhD students in complying with biosecurity measures.
- Completed studies as BTA, MTA, or equivalent; or a bachelor’s degree in the biological or biomedical sciences
- Experience in working with cell culture and molecular biology techniques
- Willingness to learn new techniques and team work
- Good command of written and spoken German and English language
- Good organization skills
What do we offer:
This project is part of the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) funded research project. We offer an attractive, challenging and responsible job in a dedicated, efficient and interdisciplinary environment characterized by exciting research projects and scientific collaborations. The tariff remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L). As an equal opportunity employer, the INI Hannover GmbH strives for diversity and gender equality and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
If we caught your interest, please send your complete application documents, including your CV, letter of motivation and credentials by 20.03.2023 via E-Mail to:
INI – International Neuroscience Institute® Hannover GmbH
Dr. Souvik Kar, Project Leader (+49 51127092714). E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org