Job ID: 100680
5 PhD positions in Neurobiology at SISSA
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 24 March 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 November 2023
At the International School for Advanced Studies, we offer a set of research and expertise reflecting the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary nature of neurobiology. Our PhD programme combines scientific vivacity and cultural engagement, with a stimulating international work environment and a wide-learning method. All the courses are tailored on students’ needs, providing an exceptionally broadly based education. Teaching is carried out in English. http://phdneurobiology.sissa.it/eng/the-course.aspx
The six Neurobiology labs at SISSA span various topics from sensory neuroscience to locomotion, pain perception, disease models and behaviour. SISSA labs are also heavily involved in tool development. Applications need to be made through the online portal http://phdneurobiology.sissa.it/eng/the-course/admission-requirements-and-fellowships.aspx. Candidates are encouraged to contact individual faculty members to discuss potential projects before applying.
The Neurobiology PhD offers a top-level training activity, based on a deeply problem-oriented approach to research. With six main keywords:
- Internationality. Our students and post-docs come from all over the world, creating a multicultural and inspiring atmosphere.
- Specialisation. Dedicated Lectures on Neurobiology by the best experts in the field are given during the whole PhD programme.
- Collaboration. Frequent interactions with supervisors and other students build a highly cooperative environment.
- Interdisciplinarity. Our research topics are at the interface between Neuroscience, Advanced Imaging and Bionanotechnogy.
- Facilities. Access to a variety of innovative experimental tools and direct participation in new projects are guaranteed.
- Perspective. We encourage a worldwide viewpoint from USA, EU, Middle East and Far East.