Job ID: 5432
Post-doctoral position in Lausanne/Switzerland
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Institution: University of Lausanne
Department: Biomedical Sciences
Postdoc position in neurophysiology of sleep and wakefulness.
We are seeking for a highly motivated postdoc to work on a multidisciplinary project aiming to investigate the role of subcortical brain structures in the regulation of vigilance states, at the Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Lausanne.
The successful candidate will use state-of-the-art tools for in vivo electrophysiology of specific cell-types using fiber photometry combined with optogenetics and neuroanatomy approaches, to investigate the interplay between subcortical structures during sleep and innate behaviors in control and hypocretin (orexin) knockout mice.
– In vivo electrophysiology in behaving rodents.
– Fiber photometry and optogenetics techniques.
– Histology and confocal microscopy.
– Previous experience in sleep research is desired.
– Working in an interdisciplinary and international group.
– Opportunity to learn various techniques established in the lab.
– Salary according to the Swiss National Science Foundation.
– Start date: as soon as possible.
Applicants should submit a motivation letter, CV, PhD certificate, and reference letters to Prof. Mehdi Tafti, (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Mojtaba Bandarabadi (email@example.com). The application deadline is the 30th of March 2021 or until the position is filled.
Prof. Mehdi Tafti
University of Lausanne
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Rue du Bugnon 7
Previous job ID: 28446