Job ID: 5427
Post-doctoral position in Diepenbeek/Belgium
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 August 2021
Contract Length: 1 year, with prolongation after positive evaluation
Institution: Biomedical Research Institute (BIOMED) - Hasselt University
Department: Department of Immunology and Infection
The NIC&R lab of BIOMED is looking for a motivated and ambitious postdoctoral researcher driven by scientific curiosity, to conduct research into repair mechanisms that are of therapeutic benefit for demyelinating disorders. You will engage in translational work to develop repair inducing strategies that boost remyelination in multiple sclerosis (MS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and charcot marie tooth type 1A (CMT1A). This includes testing their effectiveness in transgenic mouse models, oligodendrocyte and schwann cell cultures and differentiated human iPS cells.
1. Houben E, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020 Mar 3;117(9):5028-5038.
2. Roggeri A, et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Oct 13;21(20): 7537.
3. García-León JA, et al. Stem Cell Reports. 2018 Feb 13;10(2):655-672.
• You obtained a PhD in biomedical sciences, biochemistry, biology or bioengineer (or equivalent). Last year PhD students can also apply.
• Strong passion for neurobiology and neurological disease
• Experience with in vitro and in vivo models for neurological disease
• Critical mindset, fast learner & team player
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• Solid junior publication record with first-author research publication(s) in peer-reviewed international journals
• Willingness to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, EMBO, or National funding organizations).
Previous job ID: 28430