Job ID: 5232
Group Leader in Porto/Portugal
Position: Group Leader
Deadline: 31 May 2021
Institution: i3S – Institute for Research and Innovation in Health
– 5-year contract as Research Coordinator, research equivalent to Full Professor, with an internationally competitive salary;
– Relocation expenses, along with support concerning housing, legal/immigration issues, spouse’s employment, kindergarten/schooling, etc;
– 250 thousand euros in seed money in the first year of operation for the group’s research activities and to cover initial operational costs;
– Total scientific freedom including the selection of a research team (four additional researchers – 2 at the Associate Professor level, 1 Postdoctoral Fellow, 1 Technician) paid directly by the NCBio project throughout its course.
Admission requirements include:
– PhD degree obtained at least 10 years before application;
– Established international reputation based on research excellence in the field of Neural Cell Biology;
– Strong record of publication of influential papers;
– Large experience in leading research groups;
– Proven track-record in securing and managing significant funding;
– Experience in establishing collaborative relationships with relevant industry R&D stakeholders;
– Track-record in workshop and conference organising committees and delivering invited talks.
The successful applicant will be expected to commit to the position for the grant’s full duration.
Call opens on February 1st and the preliminary deadline is May 31st.
More info at NCBio: http://erachairs.i3s.up.pt/?page_id=679
For any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiting process will be conducted following the Portuguese labor code, and selection criteria that prioritise merit and transparency, as well as a non-discrimination and equal access policy.