Job ID: 4444
Post-doctoral position in Grand Rapids, Michigan/USA
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 August 2021
Contract Length: 3+ years
City: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Institution: Van Andel Institute
Department: Department of Neurodegenerative Science
Postdoctoral Fellow: Parkinson’s Disease Mechanisms.
The laboratory of Prof. Darren Moore is looking for highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral fellows to join the Department of Neurodegenerative Science at the Van Andel Institute in Michigan.
Positions are available for ambitious scientists to use biochemical and cell biological approaches and rodent models to investigate the pathogenic mechanisms of late-onset familial and risk genes linked to Parkinson’s disease (PD), including LRRK2 and VPS35. The laboratory employs a multidisciplinary approach using experimental model systems, such as cell lines, primary cultures, iPSCs, Drosophila, rodents, and human brain tissue, to elucidate the normal function and pathophysiological mechanisms of gene products associated with familial and sporadic PD. Please visit the lab’s website for an overview of our research interests: https://moorelab.vai.org/.
– A recent PhD graduate with demonstrated experience in any of the following fields: cell biology, biochemistry, and/or neuroscience. At least one publication in these fields would be desirable.
– The ideal candidate will have experience in any of the following research areas: cell biology in neuronal and/or glial primary culture and iPSC models; confocal and/or stereological microscopy; proteomics; viral vector technology; development of genetic animal models; rodent neuropathology and behavior.
Description of a successful candidate:
– A self-motivated and driven individual who is able to exhibit exceptional research productivity and take responsibility for independent management of a project.
– A detail-oriented researcher who still keeps a clear grasp of the big picture.
– A team player who proactively shares knowledge and expertise with lab members.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply: email your CV, a summary of research interests/experience, and contact details for 2-3 references (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Previous job ID: 28166