Job ID: 4438
Post-doctoral position in Grand Rapids/USA
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 August 2021
City: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Institution: Van Andel Institute
Department: Neurodenerative Science
Postdoctoral Fellow – Parkinson’s disease pathogenesis
The Van Andel Institute has a position available for one Postdoctoral Fellow under the direction of Michael Henderson, Ph.D.
The lab utilizes cell and animal models of neurodegenerative disease to explore the underlying cause of disease and develop therapeutics for treatment. As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will lead a research project aimed at understanding how pathological α-synuclein disrupts cellular signaling in Parkinson’s disease and utilize that knowledge to develop therapeutics for Parkinson’s disease.
Roles: A Postdoc is a leader in the laboratory. You will take a lead role on this important project, including performing experiments, analyzing data and preparing manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Henderson will support you in your studies and prepare you for advancement to academic, pharmaceutical or other careers.
• D. or M.D./Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Neuroscience, or a related field
• A track record of high-impact peer-reviewed publications
Desired Skills – In addition to a responsible and collaborative ethos, you should possess a strong background in:
• Sterile cell culture
• Biochemistry (protein extraction, Western blot)
• Animal research
• Oral and written communication
Candidates with the Following Expertise Will be Preferred:
• High-throughput microscopy optimization and analysis
• Cell-based screens
• Live cell imaging
• Animal surgery
How To Apply – If you possess these attributes, submit: a single .pdf document bearing the following components:
• A cover letter describing your research interests, experience, and how you might contribute to the Henderson Lab.
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
• A list of 2-3 individuals who
$54,000-$60,000/year, commensurate with experience
Previous job ID: 28106