Job ID: 12585
Senior Scientist in Dublin/Ireland
Position: Senior Scientist
Deadline: 21 May 2021
Employment Start Date: 1 June 2021
Contract Length: One year with the possibility of extension.
Institution: Ulysses Neuroscience Limited
Department: Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin
Ulysses Neuroscience Ltd. is a private Irish R&D Organisation that has established patient-centricity and translational research as core research values. Ulysses Neuroscience is looking for a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join their multidisciplinary research team which undertakes scientific research in a variety of areas including animal models, behavioural pharmacology, molecular and neurophysiological biomarkers and experimental medicine. With exciting plans for a portfolio expansion of new research platforms, the Senior Scientist will have responsibilities including, but not limited to: development and maintenance of key assays; research execution and being the subject matter expert; project management and validation activities for new procedures; preparation of reports, publications and oral presentations; working to deadlines to ensure that milestones are met.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a PhD in Neuroscience (or related field)
• Have, at minimum, 3 years’ experience with hands on laboratory in vivo pharmacology research and molecular biology research techniques
• Have completed the LAST course (or equivalent)
• Previous experience in industry is desirable, but not essential
The candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Have project design and project management experience
• Have excellent time management skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines and be accountable for deliverables
• Be willing to collaborate with and influence individuals and groups in a team-based environment
• Work independently, as necessary
• Be an active learner and developer of self and others
• Have a flexible, adaptable, respectful and professional approach to work with colleagues and third parties
To apply please email your cover letter (max. 2 pages), CV and details of two referees (including email addresses) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Informal enquiries are welcome in advance of the application deadline.
previous job ID: 28864