Job ID: 12583
Post-doctoral position in Mainz/Germany
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 1 October 2021
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Department: Institute for Developmental Biology and Neurobiology
A postdoc position in neuroscience is available. The project focus is on spatial and temporal control of activity-dependent Ca2+ signals within the synapse, particular during homeostatic plasticity. The project is part of the CRC 1080 Neural Homeostasis, a common research centre between the University Mainz and Frankfurt/Main; Germany. The project combines the expertise of the Duch lab and the Heine lab in the physiology of the Drosophila NMJ (Schützler et al. 2019 PNAS), functional imaging and molecular dynamics within central mammalian synapses (Heck et al. 2019 Neuron). The general aim is to explore mechanisms how calcium signals orchestrate activity driven changes in synaptic efficacy.
We looking for an enthusiastic scientist with:
• doctoral degree in Neuroscience or Molecular Biology
• expertise in tagging/mutagenesis of molecules by CRISPR/Cas based methods
• expertise in imaging methods and image analysis
• speaking English fluently and have excellent writing skills
• a three-year full-time employment (TVL13; 36 months, starting July 2021)
• state of the art super-resolution and localisation microscopy in combination with functional analysis
• a very active neuroscience community within the Rhein-Main region
The University of Mainz has a strong focus on fundamental and applied neuroscience research. The particular project is part of the CRC 1080 Neural Homeostasis and opens the possibilities for further collaborations with in the consortium (project B12; https://www.crc1080.com).
The candidate selection will be open until the position is filled. Applicants should send their CV, a cover letter detailing their research experience and interests, and two letters of reference.
For more information please contact either Prof. Carsten Duch or Prof. Martin Heine, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
previous job ID: 28857