Job ID: 12539
Ph.D. Student in Dortmund/Germany
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 15 May 2021
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund
Department: Psychology and Neurosciences
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of Psychology and Neurosciences is looking for
two doctoral students (f, m, d)
The position is fixed to 3 years.
The DFG-funded project applies neurophysiological (TMS, tDCS, EEG, MRI) and cognitive methods to study neuromodulation with a pharmacological approach (e.g. dopamine or nicotine) in healthy individuals of different age groups.
• Planning and implementation of research projects
• Learning and application of non-invasive brain stimulation techniques and functional imaging
• Evaluation of research results including statistical analysis (including general linear model,
• Publication of the research in international journals
• Active participation in national and international conferences
• Willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary projects
• completed studies in neuroscience, biology, psychology, medicine or similar (Master or Diploma)
• Interest in scientific work (doctorate)
• Interest in or knowledge of collecting and evaluating neurophysiological data (e.g. TMS, tDCS,
• excellent written and oral command of the English language, German language capabilities
• above-average communication and organizational skills
What can you expect?
A dynamic, highly motivated international working group, offering opportunities for cooperation and exchange as well as for developing your own ideas.
• A part-time position with currently 25,89 working hours per week
• Remuneration and social benefits based on the collective agreement for the public service
• All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of
• an interesting, responsible and varied workplace
• flexible working hours to enable the reconciliation of family and career
• good accessibility by public transport
• Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes the professional equality of women and men and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, health impairment, age or sexual identity.
The application of female researchers is explicitly encouraged.
In case of equal qualifications, application of severely disabled candidates have priority.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Nitsche, Nitsche@ifado.de, Phone.: 0231/1084-301/302 or Mrs. Dr. Min-Fang Kuo (firstname.lastname@example.org), Phone: 0231/1084-339
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates until the 15. May 2021 preferably by mail to email@example.com
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Personalabteilung
(*We ask you to submit application documents only in copies and not in folders as the documents are not returned. These will be destroyed by privacy after expiration of the retention period.)
previous job ID: 28793