Job ID: 12522
Post-doctoral position in Stockholm/Sweden
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 15 May 2021
Employment Start Date: 1 August 2021
Contract Length: 12 months x 2
Institution: Karolinska Institutet
Department: Clinical Science and Education Södersjukhuset
A postdoc scholarship in preclinical stroke/diabetes research is available.
We aim to uncover the pathophysiological mechanisms behind why diabetic people present worsened stroke outcome.
We search for a candidate with PhD in neuroscience and experience with brain pathology. Stroke/Diabetes background is a strong plus.
The scholarship is awarded to individuals who come from other countries with the intention of remaining in Sweden only while obtaining part of their education. The scholarship is paid for 12 months at a time, paid monthly and is exempted from Swedish income tax. This educational scholarship can be paid for a maximum of two years.
Application should include the following documents in English: A short cover letter describing your interest in the position (max 1 page), curriculum vitae (max 1 page excluding Publications), date of PhD exam, name of current supervisor and 1-3 signed recommendation letters or contact addresses.
The requirements for the position are here below: pls do not send your application if you do not match the majority of these requirements since we only consider those applications with a stringent match.
1) Expertise with cerebral pathophysiology documented by publications.
2) Immunohistochemistry expertise in the injured rodent brain.
3) Rodents behaviour expertise documented by FELASA.
4) WB methods from brain tissue.
5) Expertise in neuroinflammation or neuroplasticity recovery mechanisms and/or vascular dysfunction or diabetes research are strong plus.
The candidate should have highly developed skills in English.
Questions before applying:
Do I have:
1) A PhD in neuroscience?
2) Expertise with cerebral pathophysiology?
3) Expertise with immunohistochemistry in the injured brain?
4) A certificate to work with animals that is valid within EU?
Contact: Prof. Cesare Patrone, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Group web page: https://ki.se/en/kisos/the-neurocardiometabol-group